I love a good pate, they keep extremely well in the fridge. The trick is to always use a clean spoon or knife to scoop out the pate.
For this super easy recipe, you
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion , diced.
- 2 garlic cloves , minced.
- 6 dried morels, re-hydrated.
- Half a handful of dried porcini, re-hydrated.
- 1 Can of white beans, drained, and rinsed. (White haricot or cannellini)
- 6 whole pieces of walnuts or 2 tablespoons of pine nuts, roasted.
First, re-hydrate your morels and porcini in cold water for five minutes. quick rinse, and squeeze out all water.
Saute the onion, garlic, morels and porcini together until the onions become translucent and soft, and the water has evaporated. Add salt and pepper and a splash of hot pepper if you like.
Add the cooked onion and mushroom mixture to the beans, and walnuts and place everything in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
Scoop out and place in a clean bowl, let cool and refrigerate until set.